It’s my first time to prepare for our own party in our own house. Aside from regular Covenant Singers rehearsals and a few friends, most of my friends and relatives have not been to our house. Not much to see actually, and our place is just enough for a family of five: Fil, me, and our three baby cats.
As thanksgiving and to commemorate our fifth Christmas in our humble abode, Fil and I decided to have a small Christmas party: a gathering of a few people mostly from (various) churches.
Well, the party is set 18 hours from now, and I’m quite excited actually.
Yesterday, I asked Boyet, my mother’s assistant, to help me clean the house. He took a cab, brought mama’s vacuum all the way from Caloocan, and cleared all the dust away. Marie, my mother-in-law’s helper, also helped clean the kitchen. With our forces combined, our small apartment suddenly looked spacious!
A party won’t be complete without food. This is the menu I plan to prepare:
- Salad “Bar” – lettuce, cheese, ham, olives, with vinaigrette or ranch dressing.
- Pizza – order from either Calda’s or Big Guys! Pizza
- Pasta – Angel Hair Pasta with Grilled Chicken in Creamy Pesto Sauce – Fresh basil was out of stock a while ago. Hopefully, I can buy some tomorrow. I just marinated my chicken with canned pesto sauce.
- Blackberry Muffin – I just finished baking this an hour ago! It tasted good but its seed is quite irritating.
- Graham Mango and Strawberry Float – This one I plan to do tomorrow. Hopefully, there is time for it to settle and freeze.
- Nachos with Spinach Dip – for after dinner snacks
I also prepared drinks – C2 Iced tea, Royal, Calamansi (lime) Soda, Orange juice, water, and 12 bottles of Tanduay Ice. Hopefully this is enough.
I invited 20 people, but the food I prepared is just good for 12 persons (per dish). Hopefully those will be enough for all. If it’s suddenly not enough, then I might resort to serving Herbalife shakes 🙂
Oh, and if you are one of the lucky invited guests, I would like to warn you ahead of time: we only have two small plastic tables 😛