A well-rounded person, according to my pastor, should have these: Family, vocation, relationship, ministry, and life. Hopefully, with the goals I set for myself this year, I will be a better person in the end.
Family. According to Merriam Webster, family is defined as (1) a group of individuals living under one roof and usually under one head, or (2) a group of people united by certain convictions or a common affiliations, among others.
- Go to Kalookan at least twice a month.
- Celebrate birthdays of family members.
- Spend more time playing with my cats.
Vocation. According to Merriam Webster, vocation is the special function of an individual or group or the work in which a person is employed.
- To host at least 50 events for 2011.
- To form a Children’s Choir for a church.
- To finish my Masters by summer of 2012.
- To have six regular voice lesson students at most.
- To employ an assistant for my Kindermusik classes.
- To devote more time in piano practice: at least 2 hours a week.
- To join two theater, TV or film productions at most.
- To train under Thirteen Tutorial Center.
- To have a household income of at least 50k a month.
- To pay taxes regularly and still have excess funds to invest.
- Master the “art” of submission.
- Have regular devotions and prayer time.
- Attend bible study or cell group meetings regularly.
- Set aside time to meet with friends.
- Go to one out-of-town trip with Fil.
Ministry. According to Merriam Webster, ministry is the period of service or office of a minister or ministry, or a person or thing through which something is accomplished. For Christians, ministry is all about your service to God. It is manifests your gratitude to the Almighty.
- Actively share gospel at least six times.
- Be involved in JEC Sunday School for at least one semester.
- Participate in Jesus Cares Ministry.
- Be an outstanding member of The Covenant Singers.
- Continue to back up Fil’s Praise and Worship team.
- Train under Aunty Bethel Shangkuan.
- Participate in DVBS.
Life. This, according to Merriam Webster is the quality that distinguishes a vital and functional being from a dead body. It can also be the sequence of physical and mental experiences that make up the existence of an individual.
- Workout regularly (via Wii).
- Lose 24 lbs (2 lbs a month).
- Brush up on my Chinese — enroll in a Chinese class.
- Visit the dentist at least once.
- Have a regular check up at least once.
- Sleep at 1am, and wake up 9am latest.
I trust that God will make my path straight and allow me to carry out these goals, as long as they are according to His good will.